Employer sponsored visas require an established Australian company (or overseas entity) to sponsor you fill certain positions within the company. These visas include:
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa – Subclass 482
- Training visa – Subclass 407
- Employer Nomination Scheme – Subclass 186
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa – Subclass 187
- Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) visa – Subclass 494
An employer sponsored visa allows employers to fill certain shortages within their workforce. However, it generally must be demonstrated that they had tried to fill these vacant positions from the Australian labour market first and that they only turned to sponsoring an overseas worker after failed attempts at hiring an Australian permanent resident or citizen.
The main requirements for these visas are:
- Occupation – the occupation must be on the designated occupation list specific to each visa subclass
- Work Experience – the work experience requirement varies for each visa type
- Relevant Qualifications – the qualifications of the candidate must commensurate the basic level required to perform the occupation
- English language requirement – the English language requirement varies for each visa type
The length of each visa is also different. It is best to enquire with us to find out which is the most suitable visa for the applicant depending on their age, experience, qualifications and English level.
Summary of the Requirements (Sponsored Visas)
|Subclass 407||Subclass 482||Subclass 186||Subclass 494|
|Type of Visa||Temporary||Temporary||Permanent||Provisional|
|Age||No age requirement||No age requirement||Under 45||Under 45|
|Location||No location restriction||No location restriction||No location restriction||Must be located in a designated regional area|
|Work Experience Requirement||No specific work experience requirements. Each stream differs.||Minimum 2 years full time work experience||Generally minimum 3 years full time work experience.||Generally minimum 3 years full time work experience.|
|English Language Requirement||Functional English|
Ranging from IELTS 4.5-5.0.
See specific requirements here.
|Competent English||Competent English|
|Visa Grant Period||Maximum 2 years|
*unless exemption applies
|5 years||5 years|