On 22 June 2021, 22 occupations were added to the PMSOL (Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List). There are now a total of 41 occupations receiving priority under the PMSOL.
The PMSOL was introduced in September 2020 to fill critical skills that were in shortage or were identified as critical to support Australia’s economic recovery from the pandemic. This list is temporary and is designed to be constantly updated to reflect the needs of the Australian labour market.
Occupations on this list will be given priority processing in the employer sponsored nomination and visa application. In our experience, the applications can be approved within a few weeks.
Since its introduction, several occupations were included:
- Social Worker (272511) – was included on 27 November 2020; and
- Veterinarian (234711) – was included on 11 May 2021
The 22 occupations in the list below were added to the PMSOL on 22 June 2021:
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
The full announcement from the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs can be found here.
For a full list of the 41 occupations on the PMSOL, you can visit the Department’s website.
You may consult with us to find out more. If you wish to sponsor overseas workers in any of the above occupations, now is the best time to do it as there is a recognised need for such skills in Australia.
Need to consult with us? Book an appointment today.
Our team will give you expert advice that has been specifically tailored to your case.
IMPORTANT: 482 and 186 Visa Changes
Visa cancelled due to sexual crime
Victory Over Citizenship Cancellation: good character
How we will help
Fill in the questionnaire here and we will call you for an obligation-free assessment. During this phone call we will run through your initial concerns and needs and book in a time for a more detailed consultation.
Our consultation session runs for 30 minutes which will allow us to present to you a detailed strategy to meet the concerns and needs you presented to us in our initial phone call.
Our fee is $150 + GST for a 30 minute session. You can book in a consultation by calling us, emailing us or filling in the Contact Us form.
Settling the strategy and getting started
At the consultation, we will generally present to you a few selections of the best strategies.
We will also balance the time required, costs and difficulty so that you can choose the strategy you are most comfortable with.
Then we will handle everything on your behalf.