The eVisitor visa is similar to the Electronic Travel Authority however it is available for a different cohort. It allows you to stay in Australia for 3 months each time over a 12 month period.
The benefit of this visa is that it is free.
You must be outside of Australia when you apply.
The following passport holders can apply for the eVisitor visa:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- Republic of San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United Kingdom – British Citizen
- Vatican City
This visa must be applied online and is processed by the Department automatically.
Similarly, using the eVisitor visa allows you to visit Australia:
- As a tourist or for business visitor activities
- To see family or friends
- Conduct business visitor activity
You will also be required to demonstrate that you are a genuine temporary entrant (GTE). GTE means that you genuinely intend to remain in Australia temporarily only and that you have plans to and have a genuine intention to return to your home country. However, as this visa is considered automatically, you will generally meet this requirement as long as you have no adverse immigration record. You may not be able to meet this if (including but not limited to):
- You have previously been cancelled a visa in Australia or in another country;
- You have a criminal record known to the Department of Home Affairs;
- You are subject to an exclusion period in Australia;
- You have provided false or misleading information to the Department in the past.
To learn about the specific requirements for each visa, and to find out which one is most suitable for you, contact us.