The Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) allows you to travel to Australia: 

  • As a tourist or for business visitor activities  
  • To see family  

The visitor visa is available under several streams and will allow you to visit Australia for 3, 6 or 12 months depending on the request, stream and circumstances. Some visas will also be granted with multiple entry facilities meaning, for example, you can travel to Australia multiple times within a 12 month period with each stay not exceeding 3 months. 

The streams available are: 

  • Tourist Stream – this is the most common stream allowing you to enter Australia to sightsee, visit family and friends etc. 
  • Sponsored Family Stream – This visa allows you to come to Australia to visit Australian family members. This stream will require that Australian family member to sponsor you. 
  • Business Visitor Stream – this visa allows you to come to Australia for short business visits however you cannot work (paid or unpaid)
  • Approved Destination Stream – this stream is for citizens from certain areas of China visiting Australia on organised tours
  • Frequent Traveller – If you are from China, you may be eligible for this stream that allows you to travel to Australia on multiple occasions over a span of 10 years.  

Each stream carries slightly different visa conditions and requirements. Therefore, it is always best to consult with a professional before you apply to ensure you pick the correct stream. 

For all streams, you will be required to demonstrate that you are a genuine temporary entrant (GTE). GTE means that you genuinely intend to remain in Australia temporarily only and that you have plans to and have a genuine intention to return to your home country. People that may have difficulty meeting this requirement include:

  • They have more family members in Australia than in their home country demonstrating a strong tie to Australia; 
  • They do not have much assets or property forming a reason for them to return to their home country; 
  • People from high-risk countries (these are countries that have a high rate of visitors who tend to overstay in Australia); 
  • People who have no particular reason to return to their home country e.g. unemployed, retired etc. 
  • People from politically unstable areas

One other requirement is to demonstrate you have sufficient funds to support your travel and stay in Australia.

    Tell us about your issue, we are here to help you