You must be outside of Australia to apply for the Electronic Travel Authority. This is a visa only available for persons holding the following passport:

  • Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong (SAR of China)
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Republic of San Marino
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan (excluding official or diplomatic passports)
  • The Netherlands
  • United Kingdom—British Citizen
  • United Kingdom—British National (Overseas)
  • United States of America
  • Vatican City

The visa is granted for 12 months with 3 months stay in Australia upon each entry. This can be applied for at the airport by the airline provider, travel agents or other specialist service providers. Otherwise, passport holders of the following countries can also apply online:

  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Hong Kong (SAR of China)
  • Japan
  • Malaysia
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • United States

The benefits of the Electronic Travel Authority visa is that it is automatically processed. Therefore, you can get the visa grant rather quickly. 

However, if you have had an adverse immigration record in Australia or have any character issues, your application will not be processed automatically. You will need to contact your embassy for more information to process the application or apply for the traditional visitor visa route. 

    Tell us about your issue, we are here to help you